/ Title VI
Title VI Compliance
Title VI Civil Rights Act of 1964
Title VI Compliance document was prepared by PSW and approved by its Board of Directors to comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, including new provisions detailed in U.S. Department of Transportation's FTA Circular 4702.1B, "Title VI Requirements and Guidelines for Federal Transit Administration Recipients."
Notificar al público de los derechos bajo el título VI
PSW's Title VI Notices to the Public
PSW is committed to ensuring that no person be excluded from the equal distribution of its services and amenities because of race, color or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- PSW provides services and operates programs without regard to race, color and national origin in full compliance with Title VI
- Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI while using PSW services may file a complaint with PSW. All complaints will be fairly and objectively investigated.
- For more information on PSW's civil rights program and the procedures to file a complaint: ◦Contact Human Resources at (559) 784-1399
Visit our administrative office at 194 W. Poplar, Porterville, CA. 93257
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transportation Administration by filing a complaint with the Title VI Program Coordinator, FTA Office of Civil Rights, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590
If information is needed in another language, contact (559) 784-1399.
Title VI Complaint Procedures
As a recipient of federal dollars, PSW is required to comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and ensure that services and benefits are provided on a non-discriminatory basis. PSW has in place a Title VI Complaint Procedure, which outlines a process for local disposition of Title VI complaints and is consistent with guidelines found in the Federal Transit Administration Circular 4702.1B, Dated: October 1, 2012.
Any person who believes she or he has been discriminated against on the basis of race, color or national origin by PSW may file a Title VI complaint by completing and submitting the agency’s Title VI Complaint Form. PSW investigates complaints received no more than 180 days after the alleged incident. PSW will only process complaints that are complete.
- Within 10 days of receiving the complaint, PSW will review it to determine if our office has jurisdiction. The complainant will receive an acknowledgement letter informing her/him whether the complaint will be investigated by our office.
- PSW has 30 days to investigate the complaint.
- The complainant will be notified in writing of the cause to any planned extension to the 30 day rule.
- If more information is needed to resolve the case, PSW may contact the complainant.
- The complainant has 10 business days from the date of the letter to send requested information to the investigator assigned to the case.
- If the investigator is not contacted by the complainant or does not receive the additional information within 10 business days PSW can administratively close the case.
- A case can be administratively closed also if the complainant no longer wishes to pursue their case. After the investigator reviews the complaint, she/he will issue one of two letters to the complainant: a closure letter or a letter of finding (LOF). A closure letter summarizes the allegations and states that there was not a Title VI violation and that the case will be closed. An LOF summarizes the allegations and the interviews regarding the alleged incident and explains whether any disciplinary action, additional training of the staff member or other action will occur.
- If the complainant wishes to appeal the decision, she/he has 10 business days after the date of the letter or the LOF to do so.
- The complainant may also file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration, as follows: Title VI Program Coordinator, FTA Office of Civil Rights, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590.
Downlad PSW's Title VI Complaint Form here
Downlad PSW's Title VI Complaint Form here (Spanish)